Tuesday 3 December 2013

Try-It-Tuesday: DIY I Love You Chalkboard

Happy Tuesday!!

Hope you all are doing well! A while ago, I made this little chalkboard as a gift. How cute, right?!




I saw this idea on Pinterest, but you had to buy it, and I didn't want to pay that much. Ain't nobody got money fo dat. Soo, I was determined to DIY it. 


Here's what you'll need:


- Chalkboard Paint*
- White Paint Marker
- 1 Medium Paintbrush**
- Newspaper (to lay down on the table)
- Some sort of Wood Canvas
- This file, printed out
- 1 Pack of White Chalk

*Or you can DIY yours, I found this paint was cheap though.
**Obviously I used a tiny one, but its all I could find. It will take less time if you get a larger one.



So, start off by painting your wooden canvas with the black chalkboard paint. I would suggest painting two coats, waiting a few hours in between each. 



Take your printed off file and trace the letters with a pencil. Then place it upside down, and colour the back until you have covered all the lettering. Once you lift the paper up, it should look like this:

(Sorry about the lighting).

Then, it's fairly simple. Just take your white paint marker and trace in the lines of the pencil. It will probably take a few coats! And then this is what it should look like:


Pair it with some chalk on the side in a jar like this, or you could also glue on a painted scrabble tile holder for the chalk to rest on.


All done! Cheap, easy, and cute! 

Hope you all enjoyed this tutorial! Let me know if you have any questions or comments down below!


xoxo,

Lo




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }