Tuesday 26 November 2013

Try-It-Tuesday: Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry

Happy Tuesday Lovelies!


Today my internet was disastrous slow. So this post is being made late. Since I wasn't able to use the internet, I spent my day reading Harry Potter, napping, watching Melissa bake and eating the cookie dough baking, eating Oreos and whipped peanut butter, dancing to Dirty Dancing with my homegirl Mel (you should all go do that), and hanging out with my sister and her bf. Oh and studying too.....I do that. But alas, I spoke with my provider for an hour and the issue is now fixed. My Wi-Fi name is now Hogwarts also. I would consider it a successful call. 

Side note: Have you seen this video? It's fleeping hilarious!



On a more important note! I made dinner tonight! It was delicious! My Pops told me to make it again = success. I adapted a recipe from The Biggest Loser cookbook. The original recipe was for Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry, but I had no sweet and sour sauce handy....so you make do. I had some peanut sauce leftover from a different stir-fry I made, so I used that instead. I'm happy it worked so well as a substitute. 


I really want to get a good camera, but for now, my I-phone will have to do. 

I tried black rice for the first time and it was surprisingly delicious! I was worried about it being dry or something, but it was super tasty. Anyway, enough talk! Here's the what you'll need!

Plus some minced garlic, not shown.


Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
(Serves 4)**

1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp salt
Ground black pepper, to taste 
1 lb Chicken Breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 tsp Sesame Oil
1 cup of 1/2"-wide strips Onion
1 cup of 1/2"-wide strips Sweet Bell Peppers
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1/4 cup of Peanut (or other, such as Sweet & Sour) Sauce


Directions:

1. Thaw the chicken. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the chicken and toss until the chicken pieces are throughly coated. 



2. Cut up veggies and place a large wok/skillet on medium-high. When hot, add 1 tsp sesame oil, onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the garlic softens and the veggies are crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the garlic may burn. Transfer the veggies to a large bowl and cover to keep warm.




3. Return the pan to medium-high heat and add another 2 tsp of sesame oil and chicken. (The original recipe says to add it in halfs, but my wok was big enough, so I didn't feel the need to). Cook until the pieces are lightly browned. Stir the pieces regularly until the chicken is no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Add the veggies back into the skillet to warm them up, if necessary, with the cooked chicken. 



4. Transfer the chicken and veggies to a medium serving bowl, add the sauce, and mix until well combined. Divide the stir-fry among 4 plates with black or brown rice. 

**(I used half a cup because I made a double recipe, which ended up feeding 5/6 though).



Make this baby. You will not regret it. And have a happy Tuesday night!!

xoxo,

Lo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }