Tuesday 19 November 2013

Try It Tuesday! Minestrone Soup

Happy Tuesday!!

I found a new love in my life today. Different from this one, sadly. But still, I found a love of le crockpot! This baby is a genius. I don't know why I haven't used one up till now. I've always thought about it, but I never actually did it until today. So glad I did! 

In order to avoid this cold weather, I've been catching up on some Vampire Diaries and Once Upon a Time. Granted this is lovely, I feel like I should be at least a little productive. So I'm making some delicious soup! Today's recipe is perfect for the cold winter weather that is upon us! A nice warm, light, and hearty soup to keep you full. It's perfect with some fresh buns too! So without further adieu,  


Ground Beef Minestrone Soup!
(Serves 12) 

1 lb extra lean Ground Beef 
1 large Onion, chopped
1 clove Garlic, minced
2 15.5 oz cans low-sodium Stewed Tomatoes
15 oz can Kidney Beans, drained
1.5 cups frozen Corn
2 ribs Celery, sliced
2 small Zuchinni, sliced
2 cups egg white pasta
2.5 cups Hot Water
2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Italian Seasoning

Directions:

First things first, brown that ground beef in a non-stick skillet. If you use just lean ground beef or more fat, make sure to drain the oil into a can and let is solidify before throwing out. 




Next, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, celery, zuchinni, and pasta in the slow cooker. 







Dissolve the bouillon cubes in the hot water. Then combine with salt and Italian seasoning. Add it to the slow cooker. 





Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. 







Have a lovely day and enjoy your soup!

Xoxo

Lo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }