Tuesday 4 March 2014

Herbed Garlic Shrimp!

So the other day I tried something that slightly freaked me out. It was totally irrational, I know. But still. It was weird. At least at first. Black shrimp. Am I the only one who thinks shrimp should just be pink? Maybe it's just what I'm used to.


Either way, I found this really tasty new recipe for shrimp. I got super excited to make it and then I looked in my freezer and all I could find was this black tiger shrimp. It looked questionable to me. But obviously it's sold in stores for a reason. So without much luck in finding regular shrimp, my hunger pains told me that I needed to suck it up and try it. 

I'm happy to report that it's not weird!! It tastes the same as regular pink shrimp. In fact, it actually turns pink once you cook it. Bonus. 

This recipe is super savoury and has a perfect blend of subtle flavours to make it suitable for pretty much any side dish. I planned on making sweet brussel sprouts, but didn't have time. That's a story for another day. 



Soo here is the slightly adapted recipe from the lovely ladies at Tone It Up! It turned out great you guys! Serves 4.

1 1/2 lbs shrimp*
4 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1-1/5 tsp dried rosemary
3/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 cup white wine**
salt and pepper to taste

* I'm pretty sure I didn't have that much in the above picture...whoops. It still worked out fine. 
**I didn't have white wine, so I used white wine vinegar and diluted it with water. I ended up doing 2/3 of the measuring cup vinegar and 1/3 water. 

1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Whisk together oil, garlic, rosemary, and thyme in a pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. 



2. Add mixture to a baking dish, toss shrimp in, and evenly coat with herbed oil. 


3. Add salt, pepper, and white wine (vinegar) to the dish.


4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Be careful to watch, because shrimp can easily overcook! (Not from personal experience or anything....).

5. Serve over fresh greens or veggies and drizzle the remaining sauce on top! 

This was after I ate a few. SUPER tasty guys! (Ignore that they may or may not be slightly overcooked, it was still delicious)

Enjoy! And make lots, because they will go fast! ;)


xoxo,

Lo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }