Friday 7 March 2014

Easy Dinner - Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken and Sesame Toasted Veggies!

It's the weekend! I for one am very happy it's finally here! I could use a break! But really, who couldn't? Midterms are the worst. I feel like being in school is a constant state of stress. You get like 3 weeks at the beginning of the semester to chill, and then the last week of that month you start preparing for midterms, and then a month later you have another midterm, and then a month after you have your final. And then you get the joy of group presentations, papers, and other assignments in between. 
But I really shouldn't complain. First World Problems right here. I get to learn so much. Anyway, I'm digressing. No one wants to hear about school when it's the weekend! What you DO want to hear about is food!! And so do I! Win-win. 

The other night I was supposed to make dinner, and I really just wasn't feeling it. After looking in a few cookbooks and realizing my current ingredient list was slim, I decided to go with an oldie, but a goodie. And that is Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken with Toasted Sesame Veggies. So tasty! And seriously guys, SO dang easy! You can thank me later. 


You can kind of eyeball this recipe, but I'll give you basic measurements to go by. You can give or take a bit of each ingredient. It's inspired by this post by Taralynn McNitt (She's amazing! Check out her blog!)

Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken:

2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp garlic powder
1 drizzle of olive oil 

Like I said, basic measurements. If you like more garlic, go for it. If you like more sweet, add some more brown sugar! You really can't go wrong with this one.

1. Thaw chicken breast. Once thawed, set oven to 405 F.

2. Slice it into bite-size chunks. Place pieces into a baking pan. 

3. Sprinkle brown sugar and garlic powder to your liking, and drizzle olive oil on top.

4. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink in the middle.

Once you've got your meat going, here's an easy side you can make in no time!

Sesame Toasted Veggies:

a buttload of veggies (I know, I'm real specific)
1 tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil
2 tsp sesame seeds

Thats all the ingredients! How great! So you can either steam these puppies and then bake them, or just do one or the other. I like the texture if I do both, but it really depends on my mood.

1. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil, with the steamer attached. 

2. Once boiling, add frozen veggies to pot. Steam until they are thawed, about 5-10 minutes.

3. Pour veggies evenly out onto a lined baking pan and drizzle oil on top. Follow with a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds.

4. Bake at 405 degrees for about 10 minutes.


And there you have it! Easy, peasy, pie! I like to add quinoa or wild rice as a side to this dish. Both are ridiculously easy to make. 

(Ignore the burnt pancakes. If you want to know the story, click on the picture, haha. Meal 5 is what you should be looking at!)

HAPPY COOKING! (I swear I can...despite the pancakes!)

Love,

Lo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }