Tuesday 15 April 2014

Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers

I feel like I've been on some Mexican kick lately. Last week I made a healthy Crunch Wrap Supreme and now this week I'm making Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers. What can I say, the Mexicans have great flavour!

Anyway, this recipe is relatively easy. I kind of worked off of this recipe from LaurenConrad.com, but altered it a lot.


You need:

1/2 can pre-cooked canned chicken
1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
1 Bell Pepper
1 cup Spinach, stems removed
1 Tomato, chopped
1/2 cup quinoa, already cooked
1 slice Light Havarti Cheese (other cheeses will work just as well)
2 Eggs, over-easy


Directions:

Step 1: If you haven't already cooked quinoa, do so now. It should take roughly 20 min, allowing time to cool. Once it is cooked, pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Cut bell pepper in half and remove seeds.

Step 2: Place drained, canned chicken into pan and sprinkle taco seasoning on top. Heat the pan to medium/medium-high and mix the chicken and seasoning together for 2 minutes.

Step 3: Take chicken out of pan and cover to keep warm. Add spinach and tomato to pan and sauté them for 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts. *I didn't even use any oil here, because it didn't seem necessary with the juice from the tomatoes. Then add quinoa to mixture, allowing it to heat up. 

Step 4: Mix chicken with tomato, spinach, and quinoa mixture. Add half a slice of cheese to each bell pepper. Then add the mixture above, and stuff the inside of each pepper half. 

Step 5: Place the peppers onto a baking sheet, with a non-stick mat, and cook for 15 minutes.

Step 6: When you have about 4 minutes left on the timer, start cooking your eggs, as you like them. Once the timer goes off, place the eggs on top of your peppers and serve. Enjoy!

If you have any questions, let me know! Did you try it? Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear!

Thanks for reading my lovely friends!! Have a great day!


xoxo,

Lo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }