Friday 23 May 2014

No Dessert Update - 6 Things I've Learned From Cutting Dessert

Happy Friday lovelies!

So, today marks 2 months of no dessert, but let me tell you, it feels like a heck of a lot longer than that! Also, a few updates, I've decided to only do it for TWO months instead of six. So yes, I'm done. Judge me if you will, but only after you try it. It's a lot harder than it seems (explained more below). Also, I'm the last survivor! My brother dropped out, but I gotta give him credit, he lasted for about 2 months.

But that's not important. Let me share with you some things that I've learned on this journey so far.

1. I'm way too ambitious for my own good. Six months doesn't sound too bad after you've just eaten pie. But late nights with friends who are all eating dessert around you is freaking hard to deal with.

2. Nutella pizza from Famoso is hard to resist. The sweet aroma of melted Nutella on a delicious crust gets to you.


3. I can say no to sweets more than I thought I could! Yay! Definitely a form of self empowerment.

4. You have tons of self control when it comes to cheat day You will indulge whenever there's an excuse - i.e. birthday's, weddings, holidays...Cinco de Mayo, Easter, and Mother's Day to name a few... I'd rather have one day a week as a "cheat" day to eat sweets and whatnot, vs only holidays.

5. Taste buds regenerate regularly and when you eat less sweets, you don't want them as much. That might seem contradictory to above, but I think it's because on holidays you know it's the only day when you can eat it so you eat as much as you can.

xoxo,

Lo

1 comment:

  1. I like this post! Good for you girl! I've tried it before and def the beginning is the hardest but after that it's not so bad. You just have to learn to not put yourself in tough situations like the cookie aisle and bakeries and step away from the dessert table. haha. So many temptations. I really like what you said about holidays. They're always happening and we won't see any results with that kinda schedule. I guess we need to know our limits. Moderation in all things!

    ReplyDelete

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }